FALL IN LOVE WITH MORE FREE TEMPLATES! CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR OWN SMITTEN BLOG DESIGN... »

Monday, April 7, 2014

The Bullet Points


I organize my life like a bullet point list. In my head, I tend to keep tabs on all the random and strange that makes up this family. I have no idea why. Maybe I'm just wired to think in the form of lists. I love them. They make everything feel orderly and logical when reality is just a crazy big ball pit. You know?


Bullet #1-
Pom Poms are everywhere on the Internet. Big ones, small ones. Everyone, and I mean everyone, has "claimed" they are easy to make. And right now, I heart the pom poms a whole, huge ton. So, in my head, I said to myself, "How hard can it be?" I decided to make an entire room full of pom poms. Scads of them. Enough to cover the globe!
And then I made 3.
These stupid pom poms brought me to my knees and tears to my eyes.

Let's just say I'm far too obsessive about the exactness of the circular shape. These poms started out quite large. And then my crazy senses kicked in and I just trimmed them to death. Every angle just didn't look round enough, so I clipped away. It took me an hour to make these irritating balls of puff.

From now on, I'm going to out-source the pom pom making.


Bullet #2-
Last night I had a crystal clear dream that I was trying to take the perfect picture to post on my blog. Seriously? Apparently so. I was making the children jump off a ledge into water. They had to repeat the action several times to get it just right. Clearly, my priorities are a little imbalanced.


Bullet #3-
On Saturday, Child #3 and her friend decided to make cupcakes. It was one of those afternoons where I just wanted her to be involved in an activity that required nothing from me. So, they baked away.

2 hours later, she texted The Husband and I to let us know they were standing on the corner selling cupcakes. Truly, I had no idea they had even left the house.
Being the good mother I am. I walked out to investigate. The cupcakes had drawn a large crowd. All under the age of 11. I told her she couldn't run in the street. And then I walked back home and sat on the couch. Why, oh why, have parenting magazines around the world not called me to write expert articles for them? It's a mystery.


Bullet #4-
Child #2 split her pants. For reals. She said she bent over to take a funny picture with her friends and they ripped right open. Apparently, hand-me-down jeans will only last so long.
As of today, this girl now only owns 1 pair of jeans and 1 pair of yoga pants. I'm totally considering looking up the school dress code to see if she can wear pajama pants.


Enjoy your Monday.
Make your own bullet point list and don't split your pants.



1 comment :

Mary Ann said...

I need to read your blog more. I miss your girls. I want to adopt them before I have to pay for their college. I want to adopt them while they're still splitting their pants and baking cupcakes.