FALL IN LOVE WITH MORE FREE TEMPLATES! CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR OWN SMITTEN BLOG DESIGN... »

Tuesday, July 29, 2014

There's No Place Like Home


Surely you've noticed I've been gone. Right? Because I've been "3,843 driving miles with the fam" gone. 2 weeks, friends. That's 14 solid days with my people. Being on the road that long has made me bone weary.

And I promise to tell you all about it. Truly, I do. If you think this family is crazy when we're just hangin' out at home? Well, you won't believe what we're like when we take the show on the road. Let me give you a tiny teaser:
Child #1 decided to imagine what our family would be like if we were all whales. She even drew a picture of us as whales. We each have some kind of symbol on our bellies to signify what's important to us. I'm not sure I value acorns above all else, but whatevs.

We were also forced to practice our mating calls. #1 feels totally confident in her ability to catch a mate. The other 2 need loads more practice. Oh, and we also discussed how much we would weigh. You know, as whales. And it was also mentioned that whales are pretty much naked 24/7. Totally immodest, but how on earth can one be expected to find clothes that size?


 You know that feeling you get when you pull into your driveway after a long time away? Yah, I have that. It's home. Inside, out, and all around. Home. Even though it's all the same stuff, in the same place where you left it, it still feels new and safe and lovely. I want to bask in the beauty of this feeling. Bottle it up and keep it forever.

Being home means being with the twins. They are the one thing we whole and completely missed. Life felt full-circle once they walked in the door. Home at it's finest.

I promise to give you the highlights. Soon. I just need to get my brain and laundry back on-line. But if I forget, remind me to tell you about our family conversation on who should die if the roller coaster crashes. For legit, we had this discussion.

But for now, I'll leave you with this (because it's too awesome not to share):




No comments :