FALL IN LOVE WITH MORE FREE TEMPLATES! CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR OWN SMITTEN BLOG DESIGN... »

Friday, September 5, 2014

It's A Small World After All


People. It's Craft Friday. Let's get it on.

Well, truthfully, every day is a craft day at my house. I'm not kidding. I make, paint, create something pretty much every single day. It's the one thing that keeps me sane. That, and the bunches of pills I take every day.

So, you should come over. And we can craft together.

On second thought, don't spring a visit on me. Schedule it with me first. Unplanned moments really throw me. Truly. My mom says I'm beyond Type A. More of a Type AAA. She's so adorable when she labels me that way.

But I still want to craft with you. We just need to schedule it. What about a group craft day? I've been thinking this over for the last month. My house. Treat are involved. Right?!

Today you will have to craft on your own. Paper flowers. Made from the Disney brochures that I (hypothetically) stole (brought home) from Disneyland.
They are Shut The Front Door cute. For legit. They are currently decorating my fridge. But, I'm sure they'll move soon.

I was inspired by 2 of my favorite bloggers. They recently made decor from catalogs.
You can read about them here and here.


Here's how to make the flowers. This isn't an original idea. I'm sure I've seen it somewhere, I just don't remember where that is.

First, you start with all the brochures (and your hotel room coasters) that you brought back from Disneyland:

Then you cut out 3 different shapes of circles. I made 2 sizes of flowers, so I needed 4 varying-sized shapes. I used 4 very scientific measuring devices: a bowl, a canning jar lid, the top of a prescription bottle and a circle punch.
I just traced right onto the Disney maps and then cut out the circles.

Each flower needs 4 circles of each size. Stack and hot glue each layer. Then cut a diagonal line at 4 corners of the circle stacks. Do each size separately.
Hot glue each stack on top of the other. Each flower is 3 layers. I cut a little, tiny circle out of the hotel room card holder and glued that in the middle.

Then, just scrunch and fluff. Those are official craft terms.

There are endless possibilities here. You could use scrapbook paper, book pages, maps. I totally thought about taking all those first-day-of-school forms and turning them into flowers. And sending them back to the school that way. Yes, I'm smarter than I look.

Happy crafting!



1 comment :

Stamp With Linz said...

Sign me up for the crafting day! I'm in. Let's do this. I'll bring chocolate.

Oh and love the Disney flowers, such a fun idea!