FALL IN LOVE WITH MORE FREE TEMPLATES! CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR OWN SMITTEN BLOG DESIGN... »

Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Write It On The Wall


I attended my first Women's Conference when I had just 2 little girls at home. I stayed overnight at a hotel with my mom and cousins. It felt like Hawaii. My soul soaked up every word and every moment.

During the Conference, I attended a panel lecture hosted by grown-up moms. Women who had been mothering so much longer than me. I watched them with awe, just knowing they had all the answers and could show me the path to march as a parent.

And now? I'm one of those women. The ones I assumed had it all figured out and plotted on a map. And guess what? I didn't have a clue then, and I still don't today. Mothering and parenting are a mix-as-you-go type of deal. A live and learn.

One mother on that Conference panel offered the audience her best piece of advice. I still remember it to this day. Here it is: "Never do a job so well that no one notices it's been done." Let's give an internet fist-bump.

So, I'm going to tell you one of the ways I make sure that "Everyone notices the job has been done."

I write a quote on the bathroom wall.

Ta-Da.


I'm a quote collector. I have scads stashed in a book. And every time I clean the bathroom, I write a new one on my wall. Sometimes I've even let my girls do the writing. Once it was The Husband's turn. Tells you how often he cleans the bathroom. Wink, wink.

There are times I make it fancy, and others that I just slap it up there. Yesterday I wrote down a pretty lengthy quote. It replaced, "Love is a Verb", by Stephen Covey.

All you need is a dark wall and some chalk. Wipe it off with a cloth when your ready to switch it out. I'm fairly certain this is the only way anyone knows this area of the house gets cleaned. New wall quote=Clean for the moment.

I was looking at these words on the wall today and realized that they're powerful. I think I've shared them before. Maybe? I can't remember. So, I'll just share them again. I believe I originally found this on Pinterest. Maybe? The raspberries are my own :)


And when I offer up the words, "Change the world.", I mean the world right where you are. Within the walls that house you and your people. That's the world. The whole of it. In every day that you get up and do it All. Over. Again!, you change it. For the better.

In all that you do that goes unnoticed. All the mundane, tireless acts you perform without any thanks, that is you speaking your truth. Don't stop. Don't you dare. Because you are right where you're supposed to be. The center of it all.

Be strong. Show courage. Breathe.

And don't forget to write it on the wall.



No comments :