FALL IN LOVE WITH MORE FREE TEMPLATES! CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR OWN SMITTEN BLOG DESIGN... »

Thursday, March 5, 2015

Parenting Advice #246


Do you see the Baby Child? This is where she stands while she waits for the bus. Every single morning. She pops open the lock on the door to create a ledge for her ipad. That she's watching a show on. While she's texting her friends. And the door is open so she can hear the bus coming. It's a little crazy.

You should see her face when I try to talk to her. Wow. It's epic. It entertains me to no end. It never gets old. Truly. When I really want to rattle her, I just yank out her ear bud and then start talking. You know, like telling her how much I love her and stuff. That's when she gets really irritated. She's like this funky science experiment that I keep messing with to see all the ways I can agitate her. I'm such an awesome mom. No?

You wanna know what is an awesome mom? Those of us who spend hours and hours tracking down the assigned novel Child #1 needs for English. I'm not kidding you, I had to drive to Alaska to find the last existing copy. Straight up that makes me a rock star.

So, just from me to you. Bug your kids. Like, tons.
It just might be the last great beauty of being a parent.


1 comment :

Phil and Ashlee said...

Oh I miss this sweet girl (and her older sisters)!! You ARE a rockstar Lisa.